Ken’s Cycle Center opened it’s doors on May 8, 1975, in Byrd Center, to provide used motorcycle sales and service for the east end of Richmond. Ken’s Cycle started with only one employee other than Ken and Yvonne (Ken’s wife). That was Mack, Ken’s brother. In 1977, Kevin Moran was hired as a mechanic and thankfully stayed with us until 2008. In 1977, we started carrying Hodaka’s. We carried that brand until they went out of business in 1978. In June of 1979, we moved to 1825 E. Nine Mile Rd. That year we hired Lester Jenkins who worked here until he left to go to Ace Cycles. We are happy that he rejoined us recently. We bought out Dave’s Cycles in July of 1980 and officially became a Suzuki dealer in October of that year. In 1984, the business was incorporated and it turned out to be our best year up to that point. Jim Carroll started working for us in February 1985 and continued to work with us for ten years. In 1987 we bought the inventory of Cycleland on Jefferson Davis Highway, a former competing Suzuki dealer. Also in 1987, we began selling Dixie boats, Suzuki outboards, and started carrying Tomos mopeds in 1993. Moto Guzzi was added to our line up in 1989, we carried Moto Guzzi until 2002. In 1995 we purchased a DynoJet dynamometer for our shop to aid in diagnostics and tuning. In December 2000 we moved to our current location at 501 E. Nine Mile Rd. At that time we started carrying Aprilia. In 2011 we were delighted to add the Kawasaki franchise to our store. There have been many employees and customers over the years that have helped make Ken’s Cycle Center a success. We at Ken’s Cycle Center would like to thank them all and we look forward to making new friends in the years to come.